Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tools Of The Trade: Saponifier Magazine


If you are a soap maker or even thinking of becoming a soap maker, then you need to add Saponifier Magazine to your arsenal. This magazine is published bi-monthly and is sent via e-mail in PDF format. I love it! It offers invaluable information on latest trends, techniques, and industry standards.

They recently held a Best Swirl contest, and congratulations to Balsam for coming in 1st Place! She even gives a tutorial on how she made her prize-winning soap. I've always wondered how some of these incredible artists achieved their fantastic looking swirls, and Saponifier also offers a book on how to swirl. I'm definitely buying that one because my swirls suck!

Another cool thing about Saponifier is all the wonderful suppliers who advertise there. You get to discover some you may not be familiar with or meet some old favorites. Well, I'm off to re-read the latest issue. I've got some studying to do!

4 comments:

Ellia C. Naturals said...

Thanks, Patrice...that sounds like a great resource, especially for a novice like me! :)

Arnita said...

this is why I like to read your blog! So much valueable information. Thanks so much.

Nisha said...

Here here!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I'm glad I could be of help ladies! I truly believe in spreading the wealth!