Saturday, February 9, 2008

To Blog Or Not To Blog....That is the question!

Peace and blessings. I am the D.C. (Decadent Candlechick) and I happen to be a native of D.C. (Washington, that is.) This is my very first post, and I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Blog, blog, blog, they tell me, but what the heck do I talk about? I tend to babble for goodness sake! I stay glued to my laptop obsessing over my soap and candle sites sizing up the competition and wondering why other sites are more successful than mine. Coupled with the fact that I have a "real" job-one that actually pays the bills doesn't help either.

I've been making soaps and candles for a little over a year now. I am so psyched because I finally made a batch of cold processed soap that didn't look like a pile of dried vomit. While I love the ease and creativity of M&P soap (that's melt-n-pour for you non-soapers), I don't feel like like I can truly call myselt a legitimate soapmaker until I can honestly say I made a batch of usable cold processed soap (that's the combination of oils and lye for you non-soapers.) Here's my latest batch. Not bad huh? All that matters now is that it's usable and it smells good. I'm working on my swirling technique.
To all my fellow soapmakers: I need your opinion. To the first 5 soapmakers who reply to this post, I'll send a bar of this soap for your honest review. This soap is very "rustic." I didn't shape it all pretty or neaten the edges. I like it rough:-). The fragrance is Orchard from Brambleberry. It's not as strong as I'd like (maybe I didn't use enough,) and I'm not crazy about this scent in soap, but it smells heavenly in my body scrub recipe. I look forward to hearing from you!



1 comment:

Lori Stoia said...

I really think you did a great job for a first time CP soapmaker. I have classes, but I have not had the chance to make my first batch. (Up until now I have a melt and pour soapmaker.)

I will say that I really like how you swirled your colors. The crinkled cutter makes it look unique. I know that it is alot easier to cut your soaps with that particular cutter. I am so so about the shape of the mold you used. But I guess I would have see how it fits in my hand before I make a definate decision on the shape.