Monday, February 25, 2008

Feline Be Mine

While I'm watching A Raisin In The Sun on TV, and waiting for my candles to set, I thought I'd share a picture of my baby. Her name is Pepper, and I've had her since she was 6 months old. She's 11 now, but it still feels like yesterday. I've had cats all my life. I have this kindred spirit with them. I love their independence and their "I-don't-give-a-damn" attitude. Pepper displays much tenacity. I adopted her at the shelter, but she picked me. We've been through thick and thin, that cat and I. I swear she's my mother re-incarnated sometimes. She'll give me a look like "What do you want?" and other times she'll look at me like "I need a hug. Love me!" It really is true that pets can be therapeutic. If I didn't have her after Spencer died, I don't know what I'd have done. Yes, that's my Boondie.......

No comments: