Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Big Reveal! Ok, Maybe Not So Big

Hey Ya'll,

My "alkie" candles are finished, and while I'm not completely happy with the results, I'm not unhappy either. I know I'm going to catch HELL for this, but I'm not a big fan of pure soy and that's what these candles are made of. Yes, soy is cleaner and supposedly better for the environment, yadda, yadda, but I can't get past the pastel colors they produce no matter how much dye or color chips I use. If any soy experts out there know of a way for me to produce a richer, bolder color in soy wax, please let me know. Also, when the soy hardens, it's still really soft, and they make a little crease around my wick. Ok, I'm being picky, but I like paraffin. There, I said it. I LIKE PARAFFIN!!!! Enough of my bitching, here's the finished product. I'm going to next make a batch with a soy/paraffin blend to see if I notice any difference. Oh, the fragrances I used for my alkie candles: the pink one is called Daiquiri Luxe, the brownish-gray one is called Flaming Black Russian, the brownish-yellow one is called Southern Iced Tea (for those who don't imbibe), and lastly, the mint colored one is called Watermelon Martini.

No comments: