Sunday, February 24, 2008

Etsy Love

Today marks the start of a new series at Bubs and Flames. I call it Etsy Splurges. If you're a lover of anything handmade or handcrafted, and you haven't heard of Etsy, HELLO!!!! Have you been in a coma for the last few years? Yes, I have my own Etsy shop called The Decadent Flame, but if you've been reading my blog, you'd know that cuz I shamelessly plug it every chance I get. Today's post isn't just about me, but about my love of handmade, original, one-of-a-kind creations. There are so many talented people in the world, and I'm sure only a fraction of them are on Etsy. I'm trying to get my friend Shawn who does these really ornate, swirly-type drawings to list his stuff on Etsy, but he's dragging his ass. As a starving artist, I love this forum because it only costs $.20 to list each item you sell. That's 1/5 of a dollar, and it's great exposure for your wares.

I am not only a seller on Etsy, I'm also a client. I love combing the different categories for unique and original finds. I buy something off Etsy at least once a week. What I like as a buyer is the shipping is really cheap. For example, I bought a pair of silver hammered earrings and a pendant from this fabulous shop, loosewirestudio, and I only paid like $2 for the shipping. You can't beat that! I also bought some Lemon Bars from Noel Delights. Let me tell you-this woman can bake her ass off! I'm such a pig. Anyone who knows me, knows this. I was a little skeptical about ordering food from a person I know nothing about, but last week, I ordered these ginormous Chunky Clusters (which she must be sold out of because I don't see it on her page). They were filled with raisins, chocolate, and peanuts. Oh-my-goodness! Each bite was like a multi-orgasmic experience. Hey, I'm a chocolate connoisseur, and I am not exaggerating. Pick some up today.
Some of my other finds were a 3-pack of flower petal hair pins from Katinkapinka. She's fabulous, and I look fabulous wearing them. I also picked up a jar of soap balls from CherryBlossomCo. They're made with pure cocoa butter, but they're not scented. I was a little put off by that when I got them, but my disappointed turned to pure surprise when I lathered up. These little balls pack a powerful, sudsy punch, and they're moisturizing. Check me out in my Katinkapinka and my Boondie posing with the soap balls. Tune in next Sunday when I show off my new purchases and reveal my latest purchase.



No comments: