Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year's Resolution? I'ma Do Me!!!!

Happy New Year, Everyone! I'm so thankful to make it to another year because there was a time not too long ago that I didn't care if I lived or died. 2008 was a year of transition for me. It was my first full year without Spencer. I started new job, and I started blogging. I was trying so hard to fit in and keep up with The Joneses that I lost myself. I was information overload-Etsy, Twitter, MySpace, Ning, you name it. I saw all these wonderful sites and talented crafters that I wanted to copy them and be like them-even if it wasn't me! I wasted so much time, money, and effort trying to be somebody I wasn't. If I saw a soap maker who made cool swirls or used a certain fragrance, I had to do it too. Well, no more! It's 2009, and I declare this the year of ME!!!

I resolve in 2009 to be true to myself at the expense of myself. I vow not to compare myself-mind, body, spirit, and talent-to anyone else. I will take advantage of every opportunity presented to me even if it results in failure. I am so tired of living in the "what if". I will continue to perfect my craft and share what I know with others. I will be nicer to people (that's gonna take a lot of work). And lastly, I will learn to love myself again. Whew! I've just set the bar so high, I feel faint....




Talk to ya'll later.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I cant wait to get to know YOU better. If what I saw in the [ast is like what Im going to see-you'll be even better :)
Happy New Year