Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Jury Is Still Out



I forgot to mention that I finally got the lye! I was so excited that I could barely contain myself. So of course, I had to make soap, but I aint happy ya'll! This was supposed to be my comeback soap, LOL, but it tanked. It's scented in Black Currant & Nectarine. It smells heavenly, but it reminds me of a block of solid, creamy peanut butter. I'm really pissed because I used the crappy soap colorants that I bought from that supplier I swore I'd never use again. My intent was to swirl this soap orange and dark magenta, but this batch refused to accept the colors. I'm going to let it cure and see what happens. The one saving grace with this soap is the cool peaks on the top of it-pure luck-my soap had started to set as soon as I added the FO. I'm gonna stick with this one. Maybe I'll add a new category called Ucking Fugly. This would be Ucking Fugly II!





update: I haven't even posted this and the soap is growing on me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, it looks good to me, I want a slice of cake now.

Tammy said...

I like it. It may not be what you wanted it to be, but I think it looks really neat!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Thanks ladies! What would I do without you too:-D

catinalife said...

it looks yummy...like cheesecake..not ugly at all...silly girl...