Friday, January 16, 2009

Inauguration Madness



It is mad cold here in DC and its surrounding burbs. I don't think it's been this cold since...I don't remember, but it's been a long while. One of my favorite comedians Earthquake said, "Those who said hell would freeze over before Obama gets in The White House wasn't lying, because that's how cold it is right now...." I'm really torn now about whether I want to participate in all the inaugural activities this weekend. When I tell you the city is in complete and utter chaos right now, I'm not exaggerating. There are so many parties going on this weekend that it feels more like All Star weekend than Inauguration Day. I just pray everything goes smoothly and with little or no drama. Here's my advice: If you plan to attend the outdoor festivities, dress extra warmly (don't knock long johns ya'll!), pee before you leave home (or wear one of those adult diapers like ole girl did when she drove from Texas? to Florida to beat down her husband's mistress-you know the astronaut chick), and don't even think about driving in DC cuz it aint gon happen Cap'n. Most importantly, bring your patience and get ready to experience something unlike you've never seen before. I'm betting crowds will top The Million Man March. For real though, if the daytime temps will be below 40, my tail will be on this sofa watching it on the tube!


Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: