Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Verklempt-The Soap Seduction Has Fans!




See what happens when Obama gets sworn in? Good things happen to me!

I love the name Milk & Cookeez, and I love Tammy, the owner. She's been one of my biggest supporter for the longest, and I appreciate it and her friendship. We follow each other's blog, and I faithfully check my blog roll daily. When I first saw the picture, I was taken aback. "That's me!!!" I said to myself. What am I doing on Tammy's blog again? I read the post, and Tammy's done her own Favorite Things list (a la Oprah Winfrey.) For anyone, regardless of fame or popularity, to publicly state that they love something you do or make, is truly flattering but for me, humbling. It's so hard for me to write this post because while I like to personally revel in attention, it's hard for me to accept public adoration. I always feel like there's stuff out there so much better than mine or I could have done something differently or better....Anyway, I'm going to accept this token of appreciation from Tammy, and to her, I say, you are the greatest!

Next, I'd like to thank another friend, Misty over at Burnt Mill Candles & Soaps. She is my candle goddess, and she's another favorite of mine. Last week, she posted about her bath bomb making efforts, and I was truly impressed, so I made a casual comment that while I don't like baths, I have another idea in mind for them. Well, lo and behold, I get a nice little package in the mail yesterday from who else but Ms. Burnt Mill herself. "I didn't order anything..." Then I opened it, and Holy Sh*t!!!! This sweet woman made me one of her surprise testers! All I can say is YUM!!!! I haven't even used them yet, and the bath bombs smell DELISH. I think Lemon Bundt Cake is my new favorite scent. I cannot wait to dig into these (I'll be posting on this next week-not as a tester, but as a fan!) By the way, they arrived in tact! Thank you Misty!

Lastly, I have a new friend, and I'll call her Ittybitty after her blog. I found her purely by accident. She is the follower of another blog that I frequent, and her photo just beckoned me to click on it. Ms. Ittybitty is a budding soapstress, and she blogs about her trials, and I look forward to them:-) She made this batch of soap now called Mintal Forest. This is a cool, funky-looking soap because it's filled with tons of peppermint leaves. Again, I casually, okay, I blatantly say, no insist, that she send me a bar when it cures. She's sending it to me! I'll blog about that too. Thanks Itty....!

See, basically all ya have to do is ask, and ye shall receive. I love my friends! Thank you all, and I look forward to all the good things to come.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Lovin the picture-those make the blog!!! no need for thanks-I just wanted to let the world know that your soap rocks-BTW Im in need of my fix, Ill be getting to you soon. ALso-i have unwillingly donated my solid orange choc truffle stick to the middle kid-he has this wonderful winter habit of licking above and below his lips. Your solid is working great-it goes on every night and keeps him well throughout the night and most of the day! (I started using yours because he liked the smell and feel better than my shea whips.) So thanks for another great product! Have a great night :) and thanks for the kudos-although you deserve them! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww shucks. I must say this blog was a beautiful ending to a horrible day. I truly appreciate you showing this little rookie some love. Being new to this hobby, looking at your creations has inspired me to finally stick with a passion I have had for quite sometime. I'm so glad you bumped into my blog by accident. *lol* I hope you enjoy the soaps when they arrive. Blessings! :)