Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm An Incurable Insomniac-HELP!!!

(Sleepless in NY and Sleepless in DC)


My sister and I both suffer from insomnia. So did our mother, and it's not getting any better! I literally cannot sleep without taking a sleeping pill, a Benadryl, or Tylenol PM. I've tried all kinds of relaxation therapies, but nothing seems to work! My mind is constantly on "go." I am writing this post at 4:20 am, and I'm wide awake!

Do you suffer from insomnia or other nuisance disorders? I'm going to call my sister now so we can both talk about how fat we are! Hey, maybe if we can get to sleep at a decent hour, we'd lose 5 pounds easily....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'll eventually build up a tolerate to benadryl (which is the same in tylenol pm) have you tried melatonin? I've never had chronic insomnia but I do understand about not being able to shut my brain off. My solution has to been participate in high intensity exercise 4-5 times a week. If your body is exhausted your brain tends to follow. I also taught myself how to mediate which helps to focus my thoughts where I want them. I'm not always successful but it has significantly helped to control my obsessive thoughts! Good luck!