Monday, June 22, 2009

Quick Poll: Your Input Is Needed!

Hi All,

I've been seriously considering starting a monthly newsletter, but I'm a little nervous. One because I'm not comfortable sending unsolicited mail. I'd be sending the newsletter to all past buyers. I don't want to be perceived as a spammer. And two, I want the newsletter to be meaningful and insightful, and I'm afraid I'll run out of content. Before you tell me about the sign up option, I've tried that, and I've had no bites-maybe one or two.

So, I put up a little poll just to see how you feel on the subject. I look forward to your honest feedback. Voting ends 7/3/09. Thanks!

4 comments:

Dee said...

Hey Patrice,
You could start with your initial letter going to past customers. Make sure you put in the top of your newsletter for them to opt out if they are not interested,...something along those lines, also give them a way to opt out (icontact) or sign up. only send those folks the first copy. If they are interested, they'll sign up, especially if you have something enticing in it like a monthly give away.

Second, look around at other newsletters, come up with some common topics for each month, don't devote your entire newsletter to selling them something, but give them information that's useful to them. It's a great idea...just do it! contact me if you need help.

GloriasJewelryBox said...

I would read your newsletter!

Miss Val's Creations said...

If you are worried about having enough to write about maybe you could send out a newsletter quarterly. That will give you time between each one to work on the content. Good luck!

Kim said...

Hi Patrice!

I am new to your blog - I really like it and your products, too ;)

I think you should DEFINITELY do a monthly newsletter. You will be amazed at how much soap-related stuff you do/research/plan in a month's time. It is an excellent way for you to stay connected to your customers and to keep them appraised of your new products and whereabouts.

I send out a monthly newsletter to my subscribers and I take my mailing list sign up sheet faithfully to every event I work. I include a coupon in each newsletter (you can get creative with this - free shipping on all orders for 2 weeks, 10% off your next purchase, etc).

I use Mail Chimp. Very good service at a super good price.

Kim