Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Good Friday!


For more reasons than one:

  1. It's the end of the work week (for me anyway).
  2. I can stay up late tonight and sleep in on Saturday.
  3. My family's planning a big Easter celebration with lots of food and friends!

I am even going to attempt to bake a cake! This aint no ordinary cake either. I'm actually going to make the recipe on the back of the box, LOL! I'll reveal some pics on Sunday because it's actually a 2-day process.

I'm not catholic, although I attended a catholic grade school up until high school, but my grandmother would never let us eat meat on Good Friday. We could only eat fish, and those are some of my fondest memories. My mom was severely allergic to fish so we could never have it in the house. Just the smell of it would cause her swell up like a puffer fish (pun intended) so my sister and I looked forward to fish at grandma's house. I think I'll honor that tradition today and forgo red meat and get a fish sandwich from somewhere. Then I'll come home tonight and prepare my lye solutions for a mega soapathon tomorrow.

No comments: