Thursday, April 2, 2009

In Love With Lemon




I cannot get enough of this scent. I probably have about 4 different variations of lemon, and here is my latest batch: Lemon Chiffon with Poppy Seed. I got the scent and the poppy seeds from Wholesale Supplies Plus. Incidentally, that was the first online supply site I've ever purchased from. That was four years ago and still going strong!

This particular lemon scent has vanilla in it. I mixed it with equal parts of vanilla browning neutralizer, also from WSP, in hopes that it won't brown too badly. This yellow is so beautiful, I hate to have lose it, but I'm not hopeful. It smells good enough to eat, and I can't wait to use it!

I'm also in love with this grid mold. I'm into small batch soaping now, and as small as these bars may seem, they are about 3.5 oz each when cut. I've got a whole line of dessert-inspired soaps planned. Up next: Strawberry Shortcake. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am such a citrus junkie when my supply gets low I will come check out some of your lemony goodness!

Chai said...

you're tempting me with that...it looks soooo good!! Will be on the lookout @ your store;-)!

Arnita said...

I, too, love Lemon! Your soap looks so nice.