Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Stockin' Up!


I am so excited that fall is almost here. I love the cool weather, the multi-colored leaves, and the onset of all the holidays to come!

So I did a lil shopping this weekend at DayStar Supplies. What I love about them is Stacy has these ridiculous FOs that I've never heard of or that I've always been itching to try, AND I can buy five, 2 oz bottles for $25.00 (boo hiss-they used to be 5/$22.50.) I bought 10 and can't wait to get em! What I also like is if I don't like a particular scent, I don't stress over it because I only pick scents that are soap and candle compatible. Almost everyone likes candles no matter the scent, so if I think a scent really sucks, I make a candle and give it to a friend or relative. I win every time!

I also did one of those fast buys of my fave M&P soap. Since I've decided to only make M&P soap with no SLS, I am spending considerably more for my soap base, but I think it's worth it. My only gripe about "natural" M&P is it sweats like marathon runner. Yeah, they make "low sweat", natural M&P soap, but I prefer the original. Beggars can't be choosers right? No name? I prefer not to reveal my source on this one.

Lastly, I picked up a few things at Go Planet Earth. I like them for getting the basics-molds, packaging, dyes... I actually kept my total under $100.00.

I'm going to start saving my pennies because I plan to go on a major Brambleberry shopping spring before month end. I love their FOs, but the shipping kills me because they're on the west coast, and I'm in metro DC. I believe in the old adage though, "You get what you pay for."






No comments: