Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Pepper!!!


I can't believe it's September 1st. September has always symbolized the turn of everything for me-cooler weather, going back to school, but most importantly, it's my baby's birthday! I can't believe she's 11 years old today. I remember adopting her as a 6 month old from the DC Animal Shelter. She literally chose me. I didn't choose her. All the other cats were mewing and clawing to get my attention. But there was this one cat sitting in the cut. She was looking at me like, "I am the most fabulous cat on the planet, and I am worthy of your love..." Wow! She had me at hello.

This cat is so special to me. She's been with me through thick and thin. She's witnessed all my triumphs and tragedies. She's been my natural anti-depressant. She's made me laugh til I cried. So here's to you Pepper-Happy Birthday baby!

No comments: