Monday, February 16, 2009

Think Color For Spring!

I am so ready for warmer weather I can hardly stand it! My sister Myia and I have been talking about our weight loss efforts and being able to wear form-fitting clothes and going somewhere that would require a DARE I SAY IT: bathing suit!

All this talk of springtime and has gotten me to start thinking about color. Spring is always associated with pastels and watercolors, but I'm thinking bold, rich, jewel tones for spring-emerald, amethyst, ruby, citrine, aquamarine, and tourmaline. I've been ordering some very unique fragrance oils for my spring soap collection, and I've chosen the scents based on the colors I envision for them. I'm going for eye-popping color like that green tea soap I made a few weeks ago. With that means I'll be offering very few vanilla-based scents because we know what happens: They all turn brown! I've already made two brown soaps, and if I can help it, that's it!

So, what are your spring plans?







7 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

I adore the color of your green tea soap! I can't wait to get moved and start soaping... I think I'm going through withdrawals :)

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Thanks witch:-D. I know all about going thru soaping withdrawal. Hope the move is going smoothly!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

you should try out bittercreeks vanilla stabilizer, that is how I got away from having a million brown soaps.

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Thanks Misty! I'm gonna give Bittercreek a try. I use WSP's stabilizer right now but it doesn't work in CP soaps.

LadyK said...

Looking forward to seeing your new soaps, they sound great!

AliciaMae said...

I had no idea vanilla ended up as brown soap :)

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Yes, AliciaMae, vanilla does turn soap brown! I've been burned by many a fragrance oil because the description did not disclose that it contained vanilla!