Friday, February 6, 2009

Art Fire Artisan Spotlight: Bijoux Designs For You



It's Friday, so it's Art Fire artisan spotlight time!!!! This week's feature is all about Bijoux Designs For You. Enjoy!

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is April and together with my mom we make up Bijoux Designs For You. I am mommy to a wonderful 6 month old baby boy, I drink too much coffee and am addicted to beads!

2. How did you discover your artistry?
My mother has been creating my entire life and I inherited the “fever” from her. Her original love was sewing and quilting and she taught me how to sew when I was still just a wee thing. I never had much patience for quilting though! About four years ago we went to a jewelry making class for her birthday and were immediately addicted! The rest, as they say, is history!

3. Do you craft full time or do you have another full time profession?
Other than being a full time mommy this is my full time job, as well as my mother’s. I do waitress two nights a week as well.

4. What brought you to Artfire?
We have had a shop on Etsy since May of 2008. I had heard some buzz on twitter and in the forums about Artfire and decided to check it out. We figured that it was worth a try and have found an extremely supportive community there.

5. What are some of your favorite materials or supplies to use?
I am addicted to shells and mother of pearl. I also love to find cute charms!

6. If you could learn to do any other craft or artistry, what would it be?
I am totally envious of the polymer clay artists! If I ever have some free time (yeah right) I’d love to take a class, even if just to make some things for myself!

7. Do you have a blog, website or other craft venue that you sell on?
I have two blogs, http://bijouxdesignsforyou.blogspot.com/ and http://rougeriverbeads.blogspot.com/. We also have a store on Etsy http://www.bijouxdesignsforyou.etsy.com/ and supply shops on both Etsy and Artfire http://www.rougeriverbeads.artfire.com/ and http://www.rougeriverbeads.etsy.com/.

8. What’s your overall impression of Artfire and would you recommend it to fellow artisans?
I have had a fantastic experience at Artfire thus far. I have found the admin and the fellow artisans to be extremely supportive. Some bugs, but that is to be expected with such a new site. I’m so excited to see where this journey takes us!

9. Now, for the fun!!!
a. Coffee or tea? COFFEE!!!!!
b. Cat or dog? Both. Currently we only have a dog though, a beautiful black lab named Lily.
c. NY or LA? Depends on the time of year…right now LA!
d. Paper or plastic? Paper
e. Fame or fortune? Tough one. I don’t really need fortune but enough not to ever worry again would be nice!

Thanks for a wonderful read April! Your bead addiction certainly mimics my soap making one! Check out her wonderful shops and blogs today!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to learn a little more about us! Hope you enjoyed:)
April & Glenda