Sunday, July 13, 2008

Now Why Didn't I Think Of That????

I'm a busy woman. If I'm not working my 9-5, I'm working on my side hustle and my pride and joy, The Soap Seduction. I am always on the lookout for useful tips and tricks that make the creative process easier and more efficient. Here's one that is so simple, I can't believe I didn't think of it myself.

One of my biggest challenges when making CP soap is coloring the soap. Either my raw soap is too thick or the color I choose does not take to the pH levels of the soap and it turns a totally different color. Well, I learned how to combat that to some degree by incorporating this smart trick: Take about 6 oz (more or less depending on the size of your batch) of M&P soap and color it your desired shade. Add it to your raw soap or use it to create your swirls, and VOILA! You have the perfect shade. I'm making a batch of soap now using this technique, and I shall reveal the results tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Tenisha said...

This sounds interesting. I would love to see your results to determine if they hold up when faced with the lye monster.