Saturday, July 5, 2008

Crazy For Cupcakes and Cocoa Butter

I'm a sucker for a good cupcake. It must be moist, sweet, and fulfilling. Those of you who know me, know that I make cupcake soaps and candles. I love my mold, but I'm ready for a new one. Brambleberry has one in the works, and I cannot wait for it to come out. I use an all natural cocoa butter soap base that I bought from SFIC Corporation. I love their soaps because they don't use any additives or preservatives like sodium lauryl sulfate or surfactants. In layman's terms, that means no extra foaming agents or detergents. I love cocoa butter because of its creaminess and the slight chocolate-y scent. Cocoa butter does wonders for my skin. I get really ashy, and with continued use, it really has evened out my skin tone and made me less ashy. I use a cocoa butter base in many of my soaps.

I made some new cupcake soaps today because I was bored with the look of my old ones. I decided to jazz them up a bit with some neon "frostings." I also decided to throw a few glycerin raspberries on top to mix it up a bit. I usually color my cupcakes yellow, but I decided to make a few chocolate ones. They're okay, but the frosting doesn't pop like the yellow ones. Can you believe I haven't indulged in my own creation yet? As soon as I make one, someone's always taking it from me. I think I'm going to take this little green number for myself and take a warm shower.




1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I especially love the green frosting. One does wonder what that would taste like in real life ... green neon frosting doesn't normally taste good in real life. =) Sad ...