Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exotic Amazon Teakwood Soap



I'm back, sort of! I managed to squeeze the last of my lye into making this unique-smelling soap. The scent is called Exotic Amazon Teakwood Soap, and this is not for the faint at heart. I call it the un-feminine soap. Here's the description, verbatim:


"Very sophisticated, with tropical notes of the rain forest highlighted by apple, bamboo, pine needles and leafy greens. In the center of this delightful fragrance, you'll find luscious green mosses, fir and balsam, spruce, teak wood and fresh cut cedar. All of this enveloped by a subtle base of amber, musk, patchouli and Mysore sandalwood. This will remind you of a high end, sophisticated spa essence. "


I made this batch with soybean, coconut, and avocado oils and cocoa butter. It's a really small batch-only 8 bars, but they're huge-over 6 oz each. I smell the "green" elements more than anything, so I'm looking forward to see how this one mellows out. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

BrigaBauble said...

Coolio! Excellent name and description. :) Still settling on the as-yet-to-be-named-soap's name? Perhaps you should go all Harry Potter and call it something like, "He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named Soap."

http://BrigaBauble.blogspot.com