Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Turning Trash Into Treasure



Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but is it me or do companies send out freebies of their least-selling product or overstock? Case in point, I ordered some stuff from Brambleberry recently, and I got this soap mold of a bear. My first response was "Ugh!!! I don't want this crap," and I tossed it to the side. Three weeks later, I'm cleaning my work space, and I find this mold buried under some bubble wrap, and a light bulb goes off: Add it to your Soapy Critters collection dummy! Well, a bear is a hell of a critter, but I'm now in love with this mold. It holds a whopping 6+ oz of MP soap, and I love the look of this bar! I decided to stick with Brambleberry throughout this creation, and I used their Almond fragrance oil. This thing smells so good, I want to bite it. I'm using an olive oil soap base. The pigments are from Peacock dyes. I used Paula's Tool Kit from PJ soaps. As a MP soap artist (as I like to refer to myself,) you must have this kit. It has everything you need to color all those little crevices of your soap mold. It's a time-consuming process, but the end result is so worth it. I use it on my Monkey Bars and all my other little critters.
So, in parting, I say "Thank you, Brambleberry for unloading (or bestowing) your extras on me." Honestly, it was a nice departure from the mini FO sample I usually get.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

lol glad you found some use in it . I know how ya feel about the freebies sometimes lol. I concur.
oh and glad ya feelin the video on my blog :-) thanks for checkin me out.

Anne-Marie said...

I'm glad you found something that you liked with the mold after all. =)