Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

Oh Christmas Tree, why every year do you fail me?
I can't get a darn Christmas tree right to save my life! It looks dull and lifeless. Only half of my lights work-the bottom half, so I didn't even plug them in. It's missing something, but I can't put my finger on it. I am definitely going to hit up Target on December 26th and rack up on bulbs, lights, and other cute ornaments. Last year I was in mourning and did not want to be bothered, so I put up this lame pink tree. This year, I'm feeling like my old self somewhat, so I put up this lame green tree. I give up....

5 comments:

bamber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bamber said...

I think the tree is pretty :)

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

aw thanks bamber! the pink tree was a gag gift from my sister. it actually grew on me. if it were a bit taller, i may have put it up again!

Anne-Marie said...

I think the tree came out lovely. A few lights will complete it. I love having a Christmas tree in the house. It makes the whole place smell delightful.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Stumbled onto your blog while surfing for pretty soaps. =)
Here's something my family does that I think makes our tree special:
Every year, as one of our Christmas gifts from my Mom, my brother and I get a "special" ornament. They always reflect our personalities, or what we're into at the moment. My brother is a bit rowdy, so this year, his was a "Where the Wild Things Are" monster (from Hallmark). Mine was a blown glass Darth Vader, from Star Wars, which is my favorite movie. I've started the tradition with my son as well, and this year, he got a German Glass Pickle.
After 20+ years of this, our tree is very personal, and regular ball ornaments are more like filler. I hope that maybe starting a tradition something like this can give your tree that extra something you're looking for.
Cheers!