Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cheap-N-Chic Gift













So I get suckered into playing Secret Santa at work. It's 4 days of gift-giving up until December 24th, and I'm sticking to my handmade creed! I actually stole this idea from Oprah, but I put my own little spin on it. This gal that I picked loves chocolate, so I decided to make her a little homemade cocoa brew.

I took my fanciest candle jar with the rose patterned flat top lid and filled it with powdered cocoa, marshmallows, and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. Voila! Cheap and chic! I wrapped it in an old cloth wine bag I bought from Pottery Barn about 10 years ago. I spent about $10.00 on this gift altogether. When the drink is all gone, she can use the jar for whatever...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great adapted idea for adults- my ten year old daughter received the same type of gift in a mug with two unopened packets of instant hot chocolate and a baggy filled with marshmallows, needless to say loved the concept, but how could I chic this up for adults and you just told me! Actually came by you via Twitter follower here in L.A., CA- you go mochagirl! Backyard Blessings and Merry Christmas! bbpartynetwork.com

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I'm late, but Happy Holidays to you too!!!!