Saturday, August 9, 2008

A New Product? Hmmmm......

They don't call me crafty for nothin! I'm not bragging. I'm just such a true believer and supporter of being unique, original, and different, and I pride myself on being these things. I admit that I like to stand out in a crowd. I go against the grain. I'm a leader, not a follower. Okay, calm down woman!!!!

I'm saying all this to say that I have a very good friend of mine whose about to pop that bun out of the oven in about a month, and we're throwing her a surprise party at work. No, I'm not worried about her reading this blog because she knows nothing about this blog. Anyway, everyone will be getting her the traditional gifts that she registered for, and I picked up a few of those things, but I tell you, I am just in love with diaper cakes. I think they're unique, original, and different. I've been surfing the net looking for one to buy for her, but they are quite expensive in my opinion. The cheapest one I saw was about $35.00 not including shipping. These ladies do beautiful work, but I know I could make my own for a fraction of the cost, well less than $35.00 anyway. I went to Tar-jay this morning to get my supplies, and I spent probably about forty bucks, but it's my handmade creation so price is of no object:-). Here's a pretty good tutorial I found on YouTube:






Well here's a pic of my finished cake. Not a bad first effort. My teddy bear is way too big, and I really could have used more diapers, but I think she'll like it anyway. I'm going to wrap the whole thing in cellophane and I think I'll put a few of these soaps in there too. They're scented in Baby Bee Buttermilk from Wholesale Supplies Plus. Nice!



No comments: