Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cleanin' House-Some Anyway

My "studio" formerly known as my dining room is in total shambles! Frankly, it's a HAM (that's hot-ass mess) and it's starting to flow into my living room. I've got boxes, soap samples, shipping labels, soap molds everywhere! It's going to be an overwhelming task. I estimate it's going to take at least 3 days to get everything in order. Where do I begin?????

I always say that I'm going to start at one end of the room and just work my way around, but it never quite ends up that way, so I've decided to tackle one of my biggest hurdles yet: MY FRAGRANCE OILS!!!!! I've got dozens upon dozens ranging from 1 oz up to 16oz, and the saddest part is I only use about 12-15 of them in my product line. I'm always in search of something new and different which is where the 1 oz bottles come in, plus I sometimes get a few samples when I place a large order. I made the mistake of throwing out about $75.00 worth of FO's when I decided to switch my candle line to all food-inspired scents. I'm really kicking myself for that one because I could have used those to experiment and scent-blend.

Anyway, I'm taking a little break from my shops to get organized. It's such a draining task, but it has to be done. I'm on vacation in two weeks, and I really plan to use that time to regroup and plan my holiday products. Isn't that kinda sad? Spending your vaycay working? Hey, that's what determined people do. Until I reach Oprah status anyway.



No comments: