Monday, July 18, 2011

A Literal Translation of a Soap Fragrance

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey has got to be a staple scent in every soap maker's arsenal. There's something about the scent that is just innocent and so dang comforting. I decided to make a new batch of nearly every soap maker's fave, but I wanted this soap to not only smell like the classic fragrance, but literally be made with oatmeal, milk and honey. And guess what? I had all 3 ingredients-at the same time!   

The oatmeal portion is actually Crafter's Choice Oat Scrub from WSP. The milk portion is powdered goat's milk. I have not graduated to liquid milks yet, so I'll stick to the powdered variety for now thank-you-very-much! Is it me or does goat's milk stink? Okay, stink is a little harsh, but it has a definite odor. Finally, the honey, is well, honey, hence, the color of the soap.


These bars have a lot of ash on the bottom because I made these in a plastic soap mold usually reserved for melt and pour, but I wanted these particular bars to look like granola bars. I think I accomplished my goal. Just look at the texture and oats poking out of these! They smell good enough to eat. I used less than an oz of fragrance oil in this batch because while I wanted the soap to smell like oatmeal, milk, and honey, I wanted it to be as natural as possible. I'm lovin' it...

3 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

Great classic combination! I'm sure that they smell amazing.

Tammy said...

These look and sound delish! I love OMH, def. a comforting FO.
Hugs!

Go Green! said...

Looks good enough to eat!