Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Channeling Patti Flynn

I admire many soap makers across the world wide web. One of my favorite hands down is Patti Flynn. Her soaps make me just want to pack up, sell all my possessions, and board a plane to Australia , move in with her, and pick her brain of all her soap making prowess. I love how Patti incorporates color, texture, and additives into her soaps. They’re truly functional works of art, and look how monstrous these bars are!

 
(These are Patti Flynn soaps via Etsy)

I need to stop being so cheap frugal with my soap making efforts. It’s partly because I don’t have the space to house a lot of finished product, but it’s also because oils are so expensive. I’m a fledgling businessperson, and I have to budget accordingly. With that being said, my bars are wimpy in comparison, but still delightful nonetheless!
 
I almost called this soap “The Patti Flynn” but I decided to go with Sophisticated Lady instead. It’s a blend of English tea rose and lavender essential oil. I sprinkled the top with dried rose petals and lavender buds. I would have preferred that the layers were more even (half and half) in color, but I can live with it. I’m going to try to make my next batch of soap more monstrous in size. I have a little project I worked on over this past weekend. I shall reveal in my next blog post...

6 comments:

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

can't wait to see what you have been working on :)

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

Patti is a fantastic soapmaker and a sound business woman.

Kay | UPrinting said...

I like the structure of the soap! And I like also that you use lavender essential oil. I can imagine how that smells. Must be so good!

Alana said...

I am a patti flynn fan too. Let me know when you pack everything up, I'll come with you!

Mónica said...

Hello Patrice, the soap is beautiful, I love the colors and these flowers. I wanted to greet you, long ago that I have not been able to visit you because I had a lot of work.
Kisses

patti said...

did i hear my name over here?
i am sitting in bangkok blushing like a bride.
thank you for your lovely remarks.
and your sophisticated lady soap looks beautiful!