Sunday, June 20, 2010

A New Summertime Treat: Black Cherry Sundae Soap!

I love black cherries! They are so sweet and delectable. My only gripe is that damn seed in the middle, lol. I'm always eating around the cherry because I've had one too many close calls with chipping my teeth. Anyway, I ordered this black cherry scent from Southern Soapers called Cherry Garcia on a whim last week with the intention of testing it in cold processed soap, but ice cream sundaes just kept popping in my mind. I couldn't wait to do the cold processed thing, so I ran with the glycerin, and here they are!



Now, at first glance they look like a bloody mess, but then it grows on you, and once you smell it, you forget altogether how they look. I purposely designed them to look messy because, let's keep it real, what sundae have you ever seen where all the components stayed neat and perfect? This 3-layer soap is also a 3-scented soap: black cherry, French vanilla supreme, and chocolate truffle. And yes, they're available now in my Etsy and 1000 Markets shops. Yum!

7 comments:

Holly said...

How fun! They look great!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? They don't look bad...and I bet they smell even better :)

Ramy said...

Patrice, este jabón es una maravilla
Saludos

Mrs Sweetwater said...

Patrice you know that they sell the cherries frozen, depitted now. go to kroger or target.

I also have a cherry pitter, which takes the work out of the delicious fruit.

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

They look really lovely. I love the layers and the dribbles. Proper appertising x

Duni said...

I think they look great! And black cherry...hmmm :)

Anne-Marie said...

If it smells anything like Cherry Garcia Ice Cream, I'm a fan! They look yummy!