Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You Wanna See A Hot Mess?


Shoshoni commented on my post the other day about a tutorial that I'll be doing soon, and she said that her first attempt at soap making was a hot mess! That made me laugh out loud because "I stumbled on this photograph. It kinda made me laugh. It took me way back. Back down memory lane..." Okay, I couldn't resist for all you Minnie Ripperton fans (myself included). I thought I'd share a pic of my 2nd batch of soap that I made. Whooo! I so wanted this to turn out well. The scent was Cherry Meringue Bites by Day Star Supplies, and it smelled so delicious. Well, you live and learn. I've yet to buy that scent again. I'm still haunted by the memories of this soap. So here it is in all it's glory: Cherry Meringue Frights, I mean Bites!







3 comments:

Dee said...

well, you gotta start someplace. I think we all have photos like those to share! But look at where you are now!!!

Shoshoni said...

Hmmm,maybe I'll give it another try...you've inspired me...and made me hungry. Those soaps look like chocolate bars!!! Thanks for the mention!

Burnt Mill Candles and Soap said...

ahhh the learning curve right?!?!?!