Friday, January 28, 2011

An All-Natural Soap

 

I L-O-V-E this soap...fo' real! I've decided to do an entire line of all-natural soaps. "Well, aint that what you already do?" Not entirely. I use synthetic fragrance oils (until you can prove to me that Lemon Chiffon comes from a plant, then it's synthetic), and man-made oxides in many of my products, but I think I should get some extra credit for using only pthalate-free fragrances. Anyway, here is my first official soap of the "Au Naturale" line. I call it Naturale 1106, but it smells so....natural and clean-like you would really expect a soap to smell if-you-know-what-I-mean. I can definitely say that my olfactory senses are becoming much more sophisticated and accustomed to the aroma of essential oils. At first, I could not stand the smell of any essential oil! They smelled like, well, plants! Duh! They are derived from plants, and pure essential oils are expen$ive as hell! I have to really budget for pure essential oils. The good thing about them is a little goes a long way. This batch was almost 3 pounds, and it only took 1.7 oz of pure essential oils to scent it-and it's strong! To the unsophisticated palate, it will smell very medicinal and plant-like. But the more you inhale the aromas, it sort of brings a calm to your overall senses. I'm smelling this one constantly. I cannot wait to try it!


Oh, I forgot to mention exactly which essential oils I used for this batch: rosemary, lime, and bergamot. The soap is uncolored, and the little brownish streak you see throughout is actually rhassoul clay-mined deep beneath the Atlas Mountains in Eastern Morocco*.







*source

3 comments:

Aquarian Bath said...

congrats on your new line! :)
cory

Amy Warden said...

Sounds wonderful! I've realized that there are lots of wonderful things you can do with all natural ingredients - essential oils and natural colorants, so natural doesn't have to be BORING. :)

Amanda said...

Love it! I wish you well on your new line of soap :)